Monday, October 5, 2009

It's not what you have, but what you do with what you have


Last night I went to a photographer's meetup in Ewa Beach. We were meeting to practice our skills at shooting the full moon. While we were waiting, I decided to take some shots, but the scene wasn't very pretty or very colorful. It was hazy out, there was a light mist in the air, and only the faintist hint of color in the sunset. It was pretty enough, so I took some shots and figured I'd see what I could bring out in post-processing.



Here's the same pic after I did a little processing to it. As you can see, there really was a lot of color behind all the blandness. And that got me thinking about how often we only see the surface, when all the beauty is really there just waiting for someone to notice. We just need to take the time to develop it a little more fully. Think about it. What's there for you to bring out of yourself--or what can you help to bring out in someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment