Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rain brings rainbows!


Last Wednesday was a very busy day for me.  I started out with a meeting in town in the morning, followed by another meeting and some errands.  By the time I was ready to head home, I was tired, hungry, and stuck in rush-hour traffic.  Off and on showers made the traffic even slower than normal.

Rather than do battle with traffic, I decided to stop and pick up a mock-chicken salad wrap from Down To Earth (if you've never tried it, you absolutely must!).  That perked me up and I didn't mind the slow drive home.

As I neared my house, I saw a beautiful rainbow forming overhead.  I drove to a good vantage point and pulled out my camera.   This was one of the hugest, most perfect rainbows I'd ever seen.  In fact, it was a double rainbow!!  It was so big I couldn't get all of it in the frame! (If I'd moved, there would've been a huge ugly fence in the picture.)  This is a shot looking from Makakilo towards Honolulu.

What can I say about rainbows.  They come out after the rain.  They make a brief, spectacular appearance.  You have to be quick to catch the moment.   But usually, things are always brighter after the rain.  Rainbows are proof of that.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    That is a beautiful photo!!! I love rainbows here. My girls are alwasy looking for them when we are out driving. You got a perfect shot that's for sure!!! :)
    Nadya :)

    ReplyDelete