Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cranes in the Fire Mist - A story of pre-visualization & patience

Back in September I attended the first-annual Maui Photo Festival and Workshops.  Met a lot of awesome photographers who shared amazing stories.  One of those was Scott Bourne who told the story of how he captured the image, "Cranes in the Fire Mist."  It's an incredible story of how he spent 12 years trying to re-create his own version of an image he had seen captured by another photographer.

For the image to happen, he knew several factors would have to converge.  What were the chances?  You have to read his story and see the final image.   Scott Bourne's story of Cranes in the Fire Mist
 
I couldn't get the story and image out of my mind.  I was struck by his incredible patience, discipline, and tenacity for getting what he wanted.   The result is breathtaking!


UPDATE:  On a whim, I called to see if there were any prints of this image available.  To my surprise, there was ONE LEFT, so I purchased the last remaining print!  It's now hanging in my office and is a daily reminder to stay focused on what I want, have patience, and know that the rewards will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment