Monday, August 3, 2009

Mamma Mia!

Okay, so I'm behind the times. I know the movie came out last year, but I just had the chance to watch it for the first time last night. What a delightfully fun movie!! I never knew Meryl Streep could sing. (And Pierce Brosnan can't, but who cares?)

It's a good movie on so many levels:

- It's lighthearted. No heavy drama to weigh you down.
- No deep mystery and not too many twists and turns to try keep up with. Sometimes my head hurts after watching mystery-thrillers because I've had to work so hard to keep up with the plot.
- No blood and gore. No foul language.
- The scenery is spectacular! Makes me want to just go jump in the ocean.
- It's refreshing. My favorite scene is where the mother and daughter are curled up together in a big chair and mom is painting her daughter's toenails just before the wedding.
- And the song, "Slipping Through My Fingers" is so touching! As my own daughter heads out to college in just a few weeks, I find myself relating so much to this song.
- The MUSIC! How can you not get on your feet when listening to anything from ABBA?

I love the fact that there's a song for every situation. Hmm, gotta go see what my song is for today. Since I'm getting ready to send my daughter off to college, I think it's going to be "Money, Money, Money."

No comments:

Post a Comment